V22.0 - 04/08/2009
- Improved date formating in collection letter files.
V22.1 - 04/16/2009
- Corrected problem in OFILEWIN (nFiles=32).
V22.2 - 04/21/2009
- Support for AL/GA/MS Medicare's new secure FTP server added. See attached
document for instructions on switching to new system.
||Last Date To Convert
EmsClaims V1.100 - 04/21/2009
- Support for AL/GA/MS Medicare new secure FTP server added.
V22.3 - 04/25/2009
- Program now automatically switches transmission type to "03" for AL Medicare providers and updates the FTP server address to "bluecmsftp.bcbsal.org".
V22.4 - 04/29/2009
- Printing a receipt statement will now ask for invoice status to include.
V22.5 - 05/11/2009
- Corrected rounding problem in ANSI837 that falsely would generate "COB benefits info has error" message when extracting Medicare claims for electronic transmission.
V22.6 - 05/15/2009
- Corrected audit trail alert in ANSI837 for AL Medicare's new payor ID 10102 and GA Medicare's new payor ID effective 8/3/09.
V22.7 - 05/15/2009
- Corrected problem with invalid total count of claims reset when reseting extracted batches.
V22.8 - 05/18/2009
- Summary added to "Writeoff Old Medicaid Accounts".
V22.9 - 05/21/2009
- Improved handling of Medicaid situations in statements.
- If the primary paycode is Medicaid and is rejected and the secondary paycode is not a Writeoff, then the claim is not considered a Medicaid claim.
- If the secondary paycode is Medicaid and is rejected, then the claim is not considered a Medicaid claim.
V22.10 - 05/22/2009
V22.11 - 06/08/2009
- New "Not Allowed" field added to COB information for Medicare secondary
V22.12 - 06/10/2009
- Added summary to "MOVECOL" and "AWOFF1" programs.
V22.13 - 06/15/2009
- Added improved support printing HCFA1500 forms for LA Medicaid.
V22.14 - 06/15/2009
- Added support to print 6 character HCPCS codes on HCFA1500 forms.
- Added new Miscellaneous report to list patient records that use a specified employer code.
EmsClaims V1.101 - 06/19/2009
- AL Medicaid providers using Internet Explorer V8 will have to use the "Browse" button to select the correct file. The toolbar displays the "Upload Filename" which should be selected.
V22.15 - 06/19/2009
- Corrected problem entering invoice switching from paycodes 5/6 to paycode 7.
V22.16 - 06/22/2009
- Corrected problem with ANSI837 incorrectly extracting REF 2300 G1 for MSP claims.
V22.17 - 06/22/2009
- Corrected problem with "List Records Using Specified Insurance Code".
V22.18 - 06/23/2009
- Corrected problem when printing provider info in block 32 for HCFA 1500 form.
V22.19 - 07/13/2009
- A new special purpose export #27 option was added; export a list of invoices where primary insurance has a selected insurance code and the secondary payor is private pay.
V22.20 - 07/13/2009
- Corrected a problem with the patient's name in export #10.
V22.21 - 07/20/2009
- GA Medicare switch-over date to new receiver ID 10202 changed from 8/3/09 to 8/1/09.
- All GA providers should be switched to new secure SFTP server by 8/1/09.
V22.22 - 07/24/2009
- A new option to the Aged report was added:
- Option 4 - Patients with selected current payor + Option 8 - Current payor is private pay, due date computed.
- If primary pay code is private pay, the due date is computed to be the date of service plus the default due date days from the COMPANY file (page 2).
- Otherwise, the due date is computed to be the newest payment date to any insurance paycode (1 thru 6).
V22.23 - 07/29/2009
- Special change for vendor code = LOGIST. Aged report by current payor with payor code = PRIVATE uses the computed due date logic described in V22.22
V22.24 - 08/04/2009
- Changes to support the new TN Medicare carrier effective 8/30/09. All electronic transmissions to Cigna should be done before 8/29/09 @ 4:00pm CST.
- On 8/30/09 Tenneessee providers should update to V22.24 and edit page 1 of the TELECOM file as follows:
- Test Transmission: N
- Transmission Type: 05
- File Format: 2
- Phone Number: 1-205-988-8282 (note: some users may need to prefix the number with "9," to get an outside line.
- Submitter ID: (assigned by Cahaba)
- FTP User ID: (assigned by Cahaba)
- FTP Password: (assigned by Cahaba)
- FTP Server Address: bluecmsftp.bcbsal.org
- Use NPI: Y
- Use legacy provider number: N
- Also, a new Windows dial-up entry must be created named BCBSAL. Call for help when you're ready to transmit.
EmsClaims V1.103 - 08/04/2009
- Changes to support new TN Medicare carrier effective 8/30/09.
V22.25 - 08/05/2009
- Export 13 improved to include quantity and total charges.
- A new flag was added to the COMPANY file (page 6) to enable/disable entering pickup time in the invoice. The default is "N" to not require entering time in invoice.
- The pickup time in the invoice is now entered as 2 fields: HH:MM (military time).
V22.26 - 08/07/2009
- Added support for new write type "P-Indigent".
V22.27 - 09/03/2009
- Corrected problem with ISA 06 in ANSI 837 claims for TN Medicare.
V22.28 - 09/23/2009
- Three new message lines plus date added to signature request form.
V22.29 - 09/30/2009
V22.30 - 10/01/2009
- New secondary modifier "GM" added to indicate "Multiple Patients on One Ambulance Trip".
Ambulance suppliers submitting a claim using the CMS-1500 Form, or the electronic equivalent ANSI X12N 837, for an ambulance transport with more than one Medicare beneficiary onboard must use the "GM" modifier ("Multiple Patient on One Ambulance Trip") for each service line item. In addition, suppliers are required to submit to B/MACs / Carriers documentation to specify the particulars of a multiple patient transport. The documentation must include the total number of patients transported in the vehicle at the same time and the health insurance claim (HIC) numbers for each Medicare beneficiary. B/MACs / Carriers shall calculate payment amounts based on policy instructions found in the Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, Chapter 10 - Ambulance Services, Section 10.3.10 - Multiple Patient Ambulance Transport.
- All references to HCFA-1500 changed to CMS-1500.
- ANSI837 extraction screen improved to include patient code.
V22.32 - 10/21/2009
- Added support for new writeoff type "Q-Unbillable".
V22.33 - 11/03/2009
V22.34 - 11/17/2009
- Export menus improved to show number of exported file.
- Export #2 improved:
- Select current payer or primary payer
- Display total trips only (note: round trips count as 2) or export
the data described below to "EXPORT2.DAT"
- User defined code (* and ? are wildcards, BLANK for ALL)
- Origin/destination modifier #1 (* and ? are wildcards, BLANK for ALL)
- Service level (* and ? are wildcards, BLANK for ALL
- From date of service (BLANK for ALL)
- To date of service (BLANK for ALL)
Fields in EXPORT2.DAT file:
- Name of Provider
- Federal Tax ID
- Invoice Code
- Policy number of current payer or primary payer
- Patient's Last Name
- Patient's First Name
- Group name of current payer or primary payer
- Date of Service
- Date filed of current payer or primary payer
- Date refiled of current payer or primary payer
- Transported from street address
- Transported to street address
- Total Charges
- Total Cash Payments
- Total non-cash payments (discounts and writeoffs)
- Service Level
- Insurance code of current payer or primary payer
- User defined code from invoice
- Prior approval number of current payer or primary payer
- Invoice Status
- Invoice Code
- Patient's Medicare Number
- Patient's Medicaid Number
- Date of Last Statement
- Date claim reviewed
- Origin/destination modifier #1
- Number of trips (1 or 2 if round trip)
- Added support for new writeoff type "R - Lawsuit".
V22.35 - 11/25/2009
- Added support for new writeoff type "S - Exempt".
V22.36 - 12/01/2009
- Print Files + Invoice (Selected Payor and Invoice Status) report now has option to include zero balance invoices.
V22.37 - 02/05/2010
V22.38 - 02/09/2010
- List charges by paycode financial report improved.
V22.39 - 02/10/2010
- Deleting invoice not allowed unless "Invoice Created In Current Period"
and "Invoice Total Charges = 0" and "Invoice Total Payments = 0".
V22.40 - 02/11/2010
- Zirmed NSF extraction now correctly removes "'" from last names.
V22.41 - 02/26/2010
- New Export #28 added to "List Invoices By Date of Service Range".
EmsClaims V1.104 - 03/11/2011
- Automatic generation of sequential invoice numbers can now be enabled
in COMPANY file (page 6 of 7).
- AL Medicare IP address is 126.96.36.199. This can be used for systems
which incorrectly resolve the DNS name "bluecmsftp.bcbsal.org".
- Modified ALM1SFTP to FormStyle=fsStayOnTop.
- AL Medicare
- bluecmsftp.bcbsal.org IP - 188.8.131.52
- gateway - 184.108.40.206
- DNS - 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
V22.42 - 03/11/2010
V22.43 - 02/26/2010
- New Export #29 computes total invoices by service type for current period.
- New "Extract Data For Old Invoices" under the Collect menu.
- Collection invoices only: Y/N
- Extract for date of service before
- Extract for last payment before
- Data extracted to comma delimited data file named "COLLECT1.DAT". The file format is identical to LETTER1.DAT.
V22.44 - 03/30/2010
- Changing the writeoff type in posting payments now correctly generates 2 transactions in the transaction log